Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pumpkins


Sorry its been so long... I have been buried under paperwork! Yep, my students had their midterm this past week and I had to have them all graded by Friday to ensure that the ones that were failing the class had enough time to drop the class (I know it sounds mean, but its true!) Thankfully, none of my kids were failing... in fact, some of the ones I was worried about did really well, probably because I scared them into studying until their brains were like jelly... Anyway, it took me a really long time!



The fun part is this weekend I got to go to a pumpkin patch; we never used to have pumpkin patches; in fact the first time I ever picked my own pumpkin was the first year I went to California for college (and even then I was too intimidated to pick one, so I just chose three mini ones out of a box). But now, I can pick all I want; Aloun farms now grows many types of pumpkins, and for a parking fee and pumpkin cost you can pick all you want! Oh the fun.



I mostly love the tiny pumpkins; I got about 25 for $5. I think they may have felt bad for me; I lugged a plastic bag full of little pumpkins around the farm for about 2 hours, and I think it weighed like 20 pounds!








I also love weird pumpkins, like warty ones, white ones and green and yellow ones! As you can see, I got a nice selection of weirdies.

Hope your pumpkins bring you as much joy as mine have to me!

1 comment:

  1. grading papers? YUCK. And, I totally know what you mean about being scared to flunk someone! It's really hard to give bad grades, but sometimes they deserve it.

    Pumpkins? How fun! What are you going to do with them?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...