Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Eastern Market

Recently re-opened after a huge fire gutted it, the main building for Eastern Market opened; I was able to go on opening weekend (it was a few weeks ago already). There are three main parts to the Market: the main building which has butcheries and bakeries and lots of eating places, the craft market and the flea market (plus lots of trendy places to eat outside of the actual market). I got some really neat stuff, there, but my favorite was the felted beads (you'll have to wait and see what I have planned for them) and the lantern slides (glass slides that were used for teaching way-back when). The market was super crowded, but it had a pretty nice vibe... lots of handmade and vintage items. If you're ever in DC, check it out!

Fresh peppers and other yummies

Pretty flowers!

I LOVE these ducks... I wish they could've come to live with me in Hawai`i!

Would you like some vintage crockery? How about some Rachel Ray?


Bags made with felted beads... I wanted one so bad! Luckily, I could afford some of the beads :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Eastern Market! I bought a few of the magic lantern slides there, too, last summer.

    It sounds like you are having a chance to see a lot of fun things in D.C. I hope the rest of your time there is also enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...