Sunday, August 19, 2012

presents!

I've been very busy as always, but unfortunately not with any fun crafty stuff; nowadays my grown up job + a side research job for the university keeps me pretty busy.  But I have good news; I got accepted to a pretty cool program on indigenous resource management here in Hawaii, and I'm really stoked about it!  My job is going to let me do the program while I'm still a full time employee, so I'll be even more busy than usual (but I'll learn so much!).

My birthday was a little while ago, but I wanted to share some of the things I got since I never got a chance... they were wonderful presents that made me super happy!  My friend Nia sent me a handmade card and a journal with a handmade felt cover; I love the color and the kawaii flower embellishments! The last journal I got from Nia I took with me to my fellowship with the Smithsonian, so on my upcoming program I'll be able to keep another journal!

 

Donna and her sweet ones sent me a huge box chock-a-block full of lovely fabrics, felts, yarns, and kits, which I can't wait to make millions of things with!

 

Here also are the thank you cards I made; I thought I'd share because they were super easy to make!  I used precut cards and envelopes (I got my set from Target; its a huge cube of 200 one-sided cards+envelopes for crafting, I think it was around $13) plus a scalloped-circle paper punch... I embroidered a little smile and glued two eyes on each one to make little cookies that say "thank you!"


If Nia and Donna are reading this post, thanks so much again for your birthday wishes and presents! 

3 comments:

  1. Cool!!! Your friends are so considerate. Well, Happy Belated Birthday!!!
    Yowa-chi out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those note cards! Just discovered your blog and started following...love it!

    Jennifer @ Fiber Flux

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, thanks so much Yowa and Jennifer :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...